Encounter Nature & Outdoor Recreation at Kennedy Memorial ParkOne of the largest outdoor recreation areas in Northwest Iowa, Kennedy Memorial Park in Fort Dodge offers 400 acres of lakeside beauty. Centered around Badger Lake where visitors can fish, sail, and canoe, Kennedy Memorial Park is an easy 15-minute drive from the hotel. Spend a day exploring nature in the butterfly garden or viewing and feeding birds. Swim and float along the beach or hit the links on the 18-hole Lakeside Municipal Golf Course. Kennedy Park also boasts two miles of tranquil hiking trails, children's activities, including a playground and forest area, and open green spaces perfect for grilling and picnicking.
HoursDaily: 6:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- Kayaking & Canoeing
- Sledding & Cross-Country Skiing
- Nature & Wildlife Viewing
- Picnic Tables & Grills
- Lakeside Municipal Golf Course
- Children's Forest & Playground
- Butterfly Garden & Bird Blind
- Dog Training Area
- Softball Field
- Volleyball Court
- Boat Ramp & Fishing Dock
- Reception & Nature Center
- Veteran's Memorial Amphitheater & Shelter